What A Wonderful Surprise!

Today I learned news that was so encouraging and faith building that I had to share it with you. Eunice Muthoka was a young woman who became a disciple in the first months after we began the church in Nairobi, Kenya.  She and her sisters were some of the first women baptized in 1989. I had lost touch with Eunice but just last week reconnected via Facebook. Today I was browsing my newsfeed on Facebook and noticed that someone who looked a lot like Eunice was tagged in a photo with Daniel Aste. I was confused. Daniel used to live in Herndon with his family and we all went to church together.  He attended high school with Kati and they are good friends. Daniel decided to take advantage of an opportunity to study abroad last fall and is now a member of the church in Geneva. It's been fun for me to get to see all the adventures Daniel is having in Europe.


When I investigated the photo a little more, I realized that Daniel was actually sitting in a restaurant with Eunice. How surprised was I! I sent Eunice a message immediately and found out that not only does she know who Daniel is, but they attend the same Bible discussion together.  How cool is that.  A woman I knew in Kenya is now friends with one of my daughter's friends from Herndon, Virginia. 


It gets better.  As Eunice and I were messaging back and forth, I found out that she also knows another couple that I know. She knows Nate and Angie Brooks and they are members of the church in Northern Virginia now. I just love the fact that people that I know and love and admire know each other as well. What a special bond we have. I have to tell you that this news has made my day! How blessed we are to live in a time where the internet has made it possible to find and keep in touch so easily with friends and family.  To know that Eunice is thriving in her faith in Switzerland almost 25 years later makes my heart full. I can't wait to go to church tonight and find Angie and tell her that we have a mutual friend that neither of us knew about. 


I hope your life is full of similar blessings and surprises throughout the years.

Comments

Popular Posts