He Speaks To Me From The Sky

This time last year we had accepted the facts. We were losing our pharmacy. No matter our efforts, slowly by slowly it was closing down. We had faced this reality several times over the 10 years we were in business and while it wasn't always the answer I wanted, God rescued our business and helped us keep the doors open.

This time I prayed hard for those doors to stay open.

This time the answer was no.

We wanted to make sure our clients were taken care of. Customers turn into friends over time. We quietly searched for a buyer, someone we hoped would give the quality of care we strove to provide.

The sale went through in October of 2016 and we finalized plans to move to San Antonio. A POD filled with our "stuff" was already there, waiting to fill our next "home."

I'm happy in San Antonio. To be honest, moving here had been my dream for years.

But...

Sometimes in life, there is a confusing "but." We get something we want, but...

The circumstances are not ideal. The road is full of potholes and unexpected curves. It's a road you recognize. You have traveled similar roads throughout the years. You know in your head now is the time to breathe, trust, and keep moving forward.

But.

Your head knows the truth. Your heart just can't seem to catch up.

"You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you. I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water." Psalm 63:1

No matter what happens, He is my God. I am His. He is mine.

Where is he?

I'm looking...

I'm seeking...

But.

My heart is dry and parched.

I'm so thirsty.

but.

At times like this, the skies call out to me softly. Every day, God paints a unique and beautiful picture to remind me that He is enough and He is near.



That life holds promise.


That I am not forgotten.


That there is hope.

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge." Psalm 19:1-2

"He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters." Psalm 18:16

"The Lord will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands." Deuteronomy 28:12


Comments

Popular Posts